20+ Years of Experience
Mr. Golden earned his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Maine and his Juris Doctor from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. Upon moving to Florida, he began his career working for a small law firm in the Brandon area and focused on representing debtors in consumer bankruptcy cases under both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. He also represented clients in front of the Social Security Administration in Disability cases.
Next, he accepted a position as the chief litigation associate with the law firm of Feinberg, Isaak and Smith, d/b/a Debt Relief Legal Centers. In this position, he represented debtors at ‘341 Meetings of Creditors and in all Contested Matters and Adversary Proceedings. Following his stint with Debt Relief Legal Centers, Mr. Golden continued to gain experience in consumer bankruptcy by joining the staff of Terry E. Smith, Standing Chapter 13 Trustee for the Fort Myers Division.
As a Staff Attorney for the Chapter 13 Trustee, Mr. Golden presided over ‘341 Meetings of Creditors, represented the Trustee at Chapter 13 Plan Confirmation hearings as well as other Bankruptcy Court matters.
Why Should Board Certification Matter to You?
If you are considering bankruptcy, it is essential to hire a board-certified lawyer to help you. Lead Attorney G. Donald Golden is Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification. This accomplishment means that he is a trustworthy lawyer who has been recognized for his professionalism.
- At least 75% of a Board Certified attorney’s practice is dedicated to bankruptcy
- Board Certification requires passing a rigorous and comprehensive 2-day exam
- Lawyers must have litigated at least 20 bankruptcy cases in the courtroom
- Board Certification requires 80 hours, or double the amount, of Continuing Legal Education (CLEs)
- Board Certified attorneys are recognized as experts/specialists in their field
- Board Certified attorneys possess the understanding and experience needed
- A Certified lawyer is devoted to bettering their legal skills in bankruptcy law
Certification means that Mr. Golden does not dabble in bankruptcy law; he is fully devoted to studying and bettering their skills in this field.
Mr. Golden also lectures on consumer issues in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 at continuing legal education seminars for attorneys and paralegals. He has experience as a former staff attorney for Chapter 13 trustee. Additionally, The Golden Law Group is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, which means that the firm has been investigated by this federal bureau and has been determined to be sound and reliable. You can trust that our lawyers have the understanding and experience necessary to handle a bankruptcy case.
Mr. Golden resides in Brandon with his wife Tamara and their children Andrew (Drew) and Ella. They are members of St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church in Brandon. He is also actively involved with the Brandon Chamber of Commerce, the Brandon Bar Association, and the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Consumer Bankruptcy
Certified Legal Specialties
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law, American Board of Certification
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- University of Maine
- Major: Accounting
Classes / Seminars
- Lecturer, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brandon Chamber of Commerce
- The Brandon Bar Association
- The Hillsborough County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church
Don’t wait to get started. Contact our firm today and schedule a free consultation.